Monday, July 18, 2011

Dreaming of France

So I had a dream last night that I flew to France.  I remember getting on the plane but when I was in France, I didn't remember any of the flight (looking out over the ocean, going through the airports...) and I was upset about that.  Mike went to the hotel room and crashed and I went out to explore.  It was morning and I walked into a cafe or bistro or something and decided to order a coffee with milk (cafe au lait) and a pastry of some sort but I was speaking in french!  I was remembering the french I learned in high school & while I spoke slowly, I was doing pretty well.  Even the barista or whatever she was was impressed.  I remember being nervous in the dream that I was an American but the girl didn't seem to care.  We started talking about my travels (this is when I remembered that I didn't remember anything about the airports or the flight) and I discovered that I didn't have a passport.  For whatever reason, nobody had asked for one.  I panicked so after drinking my coffee and eating the delicious pastry, I contacted the US Embassy & found that I had gotten a passport and that someone had delivered it to them as a found item.  I was completely relieved and went to pick it up then I started to explore.  I spent the whole day walking around and enjoying every bit of beauty there was.

This dream was pretty strange for me because it was very non-descript.  With good dreams, I usually have a lot more detail.  There's a lot of color and I'll remember the specific locations or faces or at least what they were wearing or can describe where I was.  This one was black & white with greytones.  I don't remember what the girl who helped me looked like and cannot describe the buildings that I saw.  I remember being in awe of the beauty but I didn't see any of it in my dream, I only saw myself with a fuzzy background.

I want to travel.  I want to go to France.  If I was alone, I would probably travel a lot and do odd jobs to stay somewhere for a while.  Living in cheap places..  Own only what I can carry..  It sounds like it would be a pretty amazing life.  What do you think?  Where would you go?  Have you ever dreampt about a vacation?

Creative Commons License
I Just Want to Be Ok by Sarah A. Manning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: