Wednesday, October 6, 2010

See you on the flip side!

So last night, Mike & I are getting ready for bed when I take a moment to see how Anna's paw is doing.  It's pretty swollen and bruised (due to the poking & probing that the stupid vet did on Saturday) and I'm about to get up when I notice her ear...  It's covered in blood!  Apparently, she scratched the skin tag/whatever it is off and it started bleeding profusely.  The blood was everywhere and took about 45 minutes to clean & attempt to bandage.  Even with the bandage on, it was still bleeding.  We tried pressure, cleaning, band-aids, bandages...  It didn't stop until about 5am.  We had it covered for most of the time but she was able to get the bandaging off so we put the cone of shame on her for the night.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep well.  Our walls are splattered with blood & it looks like someone was murdered.  She shakes her head so violently.

Anyway...  Before we left for work, we noticed that it had coagulated and put the cone of shame on her.  She'll spend the day out of the cage but be spending a lot of time with the cone.  Hopefully, the swelling & bruising on her foot will subside soon.  I have it wrapped just in case.

I had a McDonald's breakfast this morning.  The sandwich (Egg McMuffin) was pretty good but I'm starting to taste the aftertaste of the hasbrown...  Ugh..  I hate the feeling & aftertaste of them.  They taste so good when you're eating them but when you're finished it's sooooo gross.  I can feel my insides screaming because of all the grease and processed food.  Ew.  I'll be having some left-over mexican food (tortillas, black beans, rice, ground beef & guac) for lunch so hopefully I won't continue to feel the greasiness.  Plus I have an apple & peanut butter...  Yum!  I've been liking that snack.  Mom, did you ever cut up apples with peanut butter for me when I was little?  I remember the celery...

Anyway, I'm listening to my playlist right now. Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" song just came on.  I like this song so much!  :)  I think it's his acoustic version.  I love acoustic versions of songs.

Well, I guess that's about all I have for today.  I have one of my massive headaches so I'm going to go rest my eyes for a little while.  See you on the flip side!

Creative Commons License
I Just Want to Be Ok by Sarah A. Manning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: