Monday, August 30, 2010

The Beginning

Good morning everyone & welcome to the last couple days of August!  I'm ready to start my new week & a new month.  Are you?

To the kids heading in to the first full week of school for the 2010-2011 school year..  How are you feeling today?

I missed my dentist appointment on Saturday morning.  I COMPLETLY FORGOT.  How do you forget when they send you a text message & e-mail two days prior then call to remind you the day before?  I don't know what happened but I didn't even set an alarm because all I was thinking was that it's the weekend & "besides..  I wake up by 10 - no problem."  Yeah.  So I need to call & reschedule.

The rest of my weekend was spent lounging - eating frozen burritos (heated up, of course) & Velveeta Shells & Cheese with broccoli, yogurt & frozen fruit bars - and watching 24.  After sleeping until 12:30 on Saturday, I didn't sleep again until napping intermittently between 3:30 & 5:30pm Sunday.  Then we went to bed around 10:30 and crashed.  Seriously though...  I did nothing constructive.

Oooh!  Except that I scrubbed out the Crock-Pot so that I could make BBQ Pork sandwiches Sunday & I got it all clean, set up the Crock-Pot & took out the pork that was mostly thawed (yup..  Still a little frozen in the center), opened the package & dumped it in the pot and was nauseated immediately by the smell.  WTF.  I put it in the freezer 2 days before the date & took it out of the freezer around 8pm Saturday night & opened the package at 9:30am Sunday morning.  What did I do wrong?

Anywho..  The pork situation was very diasppointing but other than that, I enjoyed being out of touch for the weekend.  I didn't have my phone near me at all. :)

What did you do this weekend?

~ S

Creative Commons License
I Just Want to Be Ok by Sarah A. Manning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: