Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Particular Sadness...

This morning, with a Starbucks mocha frappuccino, I began reading The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender.  I remember reading an excerpt about a month ago - the first chapter - and being hooked.  I was glad that it was on the list for this month's Real Simple's No Obligation Book Club. Of course, I didn't get the book until last Friday - they had already completed the book. I've decided that I'm going to read it anyway since I really enjoyed the first chapter. So far, I haven't been disappointed. It's an easy read with insight into a 3rd-grader's perspective on emotions. At least, that's what I'm understanding so far.

I'm hoping to actually get the next book (which hasn't been decided yet) before they are almost finished with it.  Maybe I'll work on getting my library card next month so I don't have to continue buying these books.  :]

Have any of you read anything lately?

I guess there's not much more to write today.  There are family issues but then again, there always are.  I have to write to my father & step-mother to explain how their decision to not associate with me makes me feel and one of my sisters is upset with me because she misinterpreted what I was asking. 

We bought my mother & step-father a large gift last year for Christmas & her boyfriend put it on his credit card with zero interest.  We were supposed to divide it between the siblings & I asked her & her boyfriend (figuring that one of them would be able to give me the figures since my sister wasn't sure exactly how much it was) for something in writing so that I would know how much it was & how we were dividing it.  I guess my presentation isn't always the best and she became angry, thinking I didn't trust her.  I didn't mean that at all but her response to me was very frustrating.  I don't know...  I never know where I stand with her.  If she's reading this, I hope she understands that even though she upsets me at times, I still love her.  I want our relationship to be good but it seems as though it's always rocky - just like my "relationship" with my father & step-mother.  I'm sure that her feelings tie in with her opinion of that situation but we can never talk about it.

Anyway...  I'd better get going.  I have to clock in & get some things done today.

- S


Creative Commons License
I Just Want to Be Ok by Sarah A. Manning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: