Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy First Day of School!!

So today marks the first day of 6th grade for my sister Rebecca (11) and the first day of 8th grade for my sister Kate (13).  I called them this morning to wish them a happy first day of school.  To all those enjoying the first day of school today (especially in school district U-46) - HAVE FUN!  Make the most of this year - you can accomplish great things.  ^_^

I am enjoying spending my mornings on here...  Blogging away about nothing and hoping that some of you are reading this and enjoying a glimpse into my mind and heart.  I'm a little late at beginning this post and was actually thinking of skipping it for a moment until I realized that I didn't want to.  It's a habit that I would like to believe I'm forming and hopefully, I will continue with this habit because it not only helps me organize my thoughts and provides me with an outlet but it has the potential to show me that I can form healthy habits.  Eventually, I will be getting up earlier in the morning and going for walks - maybe even eventually jogging or running - and focusing on eating healthier too.  That's what I'm hoping for anyway.  I'm very much a person that needs to tackle things very slowly.  I need to focus on one thing at a time.

I have a Netflix subscription and spent some time yesterday adding movies and a couple of television shows into my queue.  Last night, Mike & I had burritos and began watching 24.  OMG  What a great show!  I couldn't stand to watch it on television.  Having to wait a week for the next episode???  That would simply be torturous!!  We began with season 1.  Have any of you seen it?  Well, so far (we watched 3 episodes) there is an African American presidential candidate that has a threat on his life.  The main character's daughter has been kidnapped with her friend and the main character is not only struggling with his marriage, but now at work, he's found that someone on the inside has been the leader of the plan to take the presidential candidate's life.  It's such a tense show that keeps you hanging.  You want to keep watching - this I remember from the one marathon that I watched when we lived in Indiana.  I couldn't stop watching (until my husband came home and began playing his video game with his friends).

Well, I guess that's about all that's on my mind this morning.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Happy first day of school to all you "kids" out there.

- S

Creative Commons License
I Just Want to Be Ok by Sarah A. Manning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: