Monday, September 27, 2010

A Fresh Week

Good morning.  Another new week and a fresh slate.  I've been struggling with a lot these past couple of weeks which is why I haven't been posting much.  Of course, these are the times when I should be posting more but there are some things that I do want to keep private.

I had a decent weekend..  I felt nauseous and dizzy and had terrible cramping all weekend but once I got past that, it was a pretty decent weekend.  I went to the dentist on Saturday and got my filling & got the mold for my permanent crown.  They put on a temporary crown made of acrylic and it smelled like going to a nail shop that does acrylic nails.  Apparently it's not quite the same thing but it smelled the same!  It doesn't smell or taste like anything now and it  feels very strange to have a tooth...  It's been so long (it was broken then hallowed out then very sharp with a chalky-like filling...) and I thought it looked weird too until I looked at the tooth on the other side of my mouth & realized that it looks the same.  I'm pretty impressed.  It's costing a lot (even with insurance) but I actually like this dentist.  I recommend Dr. Cheskis at Meadows Dental Care in Palatine, IL. Please let them know that I referred you if you go!

So after that, before all the anesthetic wore off, I stopped by Target.  I wanted to get a couple of things from the dollar area for Halloween & of course, found a few extra things.  I got a "student desk" on sale for $13, a dry erase board & calendar that Mike & I have been talking about but never get.  I got a $10 folding chair but I'm going to return it because it's too short & really uncomfortable.  I figured that we can use this area to figure out bills & payments & I have a space that I can begin getting into my scrapbooking again.

When I was almost finished with my shopping at Target, I started feeling light-headed so I went home and lay down on the couch for the rest of the day.  I felt completly sick and in a lot of pain..  Mike was really worried & made me dinner & brought me water.  It was really nice.

Sunday, I slept in - way past the time I wanted to.  I did have an alarm set but I guess I must have turned it off because when I woke up it was time for church to start.  Oops.  So I got up, was still feeling pretty light-headed for most of the day and decided that even though I was feeling crappy, I was going to accomplish something.  I went to start some laundry and realized that we don't have any quarters.  Mike had tried to get quarters the last time he went to the bank but they were out.  How is a bank out of quarters??  So we didn't do any laundry but we'll get to it.  To answer your question, no, I'm not wearing dirty clothes.  I cleaned the kitchen, did dishes, took out trash (we shop at Costco & have had some boxes piling up in a corner) & set up my desk area.  Later, Mike & I played some games, watched some Lie to Me (our new show) and made tacos for dinner.  Yum!

That was it for the weekend.  I'm sure it's pretty uneventful but it was good to get something done (it helps me feel better) and it wasn't too packed.  If I can, I'm going to head out to church tonight and help with some cleaning.

Something that's been on my mind but haven't written about yet...

Anna has a tumor on her foot.  I guess it's a tumor - they didn't really say.  It's an open wound so we need to keep her from chewing & licking on it.  She's on a massive 2-week antibiotic and an anti-histamine to help with the itchiness of her feet due to the grass "sensitivity".  We're trying this for the full two weeks then have an appointment to see the doctor again & have some cells removed (a cytoplasty?) and tested for whether or not it's benign or malignant.  I'm really sad and worried about my pup..  It breaks my heart to think of her dying of cancer...  I feel like I should have taken better care of her, you know?

Anyway, I guess that's about all.  I hope you had a good weekend and take this Monday as an opportunity to start off with a fresh week.  I'll write more soon.

Creative Commons License
I Just Want to Be Ok by Sarah A. Manning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: