Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fresh Cut Pineapple

So the Bears defeated the Packers!!!  YAY!  Now, as most of you may already know, I'm not a die-hard sports fan.  In fact, I don't keep up with any of it.  Never did except for the occasional Sunday Leveille family Bears parties & the SuperBowl.  Until I met my husband.  He loves sports.  He talks about sports, listens to sports news...  It kind of drives me crazy.  Now, I'm working in a department where there are three guys (one of which is my boss) and another couple of guys that walk by all the time that talk about sports.  My boss is a Packers fan and one of the guys that walks by is a Packers fan but the rest are Bears fans.  They've been giving each other a hard time lately - especially with the monumental game last night and my boss made a bet with a guy in my department.  If the Packers win, the Bears fan has to wear a pink Packers jersey.  If the Bears win, my boss has to wear a pink Bears jersey.  Well, the Bears won (in case you haven't heard) and it should be a fun & interesting day.

I walked into the kitchen at work and saw a giant pineapple.  I should have taken a photo but I forgot - sorry!  Anywho..  There was a sign that said, "Help yourself to some fresh pineapple."  I contemplated cutting just enough for me or to cut the whole thing and decided that since people aren't really going to have time to sit there and cut some pineapple, I decided that I would.  I cut it up and put it nicely on a plate and didn't take a photo of that either..  I feel pretty good about it.  It was really good too.  I might go get some more!  [update:  I went back and took a photo - almost gone!]

I'm going to go read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein for my new book club.  Abby was right..  The beginning is kind of boring.  It kind of reminds me of the part in the bible that talks about the lineage.  It's not really close to being the same thing but the flow kind of reminds me of it.  I'm sure it will be significant later on.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

~ S

Creative Commons License
I Just Want to Be Ok by Sarah A. Manning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: