Friday, November 19, 2010

Interesting...

I was at work today, writing a Quality Assurance report for a customer because of an issue and some of my co-workers were joking with me about how I was going to be "writing another novel".  It was pretty funny and brought about a conversation about how I should be a writer.  I responded by saying that I enjoy writing and have thought about it a little.  She said that I should get a part-time job writing or start writing a book.  Of course, this made me think about the memoir that I've kind of started and how I've been writing this blog.  She said that I should at least start a blog or something.  I told her that I do have a blog but don't write about anything in particular.  Of course, she said, "Well, you should pick a topic and write."  Now, I've been spending the night thinking about a topic to write about.

I feel like I don't know a whole lot about any one thing in particular.  I know a little bit about school and education...  I know a little bit about crocheting and scrapbooking and even a little bit about music.  I know what I've read about emotional abuse and psychology...  I'm just not any type of "expert" or even close to any of those subjects.  How can you become a successful blogger about a particular subject if you don't know a lot about what you're writing about?

I think about those dating bloggers or that girl who blogged her way through Julia Child's cookbook but if I were to begin writing about something in particular, I would want it to be about something somewhat unique.

Of course, this subject came up the day after I pose a question to you, my readers:  Are there any topics that you'd like me to write about?

So for now, I'll continue to think about the things that I would want to write about and will continue to blog pretty regularly about my life because that is one thing that I can write about - no matter what.

Hmm..  I think it's time to consult an old friend of mine who writes an online column for Chicago Now: Just Beat It.

Creative Commons License
I Just Want to Be Ok by Sarah A. Manning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: