Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank God for that!

So Michael has been home sick for the past couple of days.  This is unfortunate for a couple of reasons.  The first is that I hate it when he's sick.  He feels crappy and there's nothing that I can do to help him.  The second is that he is missing out on work, which means we're missing out on income.  Mix the two (or three, if he doesn't go in tomorrow) with having had Monday off for traveling and next Monday off for his mother's surgery and that means his next paycheck will be for 1 (or 2) day(s) this week and 4 days next week.  Put that on top of the fact that he no longer works in recruiting and we're losing money there as well.  Put all of that together and Sarah is stressing about money!

Anywho...  The doctor did confirm that he does has the flu.  A few weeks ago, I got the flu shot (after debating it for a while, having never gotten the vaccination) and now, I'm really glad I did.  It's bad enough that Mike is missing out on work & income but if I were sick, it would be the two of us missing out on work and income.

Thank God for me getting the flu shot. :)  Hopefully I am not jinxing myself and will continue to be healthy.

How are you feeling?

Creative Commons License
I Just Want to Be Ok by Sarah A. Manning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: